Why join SPPA?
- Improve your practice through continuous professional development opportunities,
including conferences, focused learning days and webinars at discounted rates
- Be an active part of a growing, supportive community
- Network with like-minded people at events and on our online forum
- Join our work to develop and promote excellence in social pedagogy
- Help us raise the profile of social pedagogy in the UK
“I really like the approach and attempt to involve members. The £70 looks good value especially compared to other bodies I am a member of and seldom hear from! Thank you.”
– Jameel Hadi, Founding SPPA member, Lecturer at the School of Nursing, University of Salford
“Social Pedagogy has totally transformed how I think and the constant reflection I do is
enlightening and life changing. I want to be part of and help if I can to spread the benefits of social pedagogy and connect with like minded people which is why I joined SSPA.”
– Andrew Masson, Founding SPPA member, Foster Carer, Aberlour
Types of membership:
If you join us from the time we launch to 31st December 2017, you can join us as a founding member.
Founding membership eligibility criteria
• Have an interest, background and/or experience in social pedagogy
• Adherance to the Social Pedagogy Charter and the values and commitments it upholds
One year founding membership fees:
• Founding member – £70
• Founding member concessionary rate for full-time students and non-wage earners – £25 (*Please note that we may contact you for proof of study if you are a full-time student.)
• Founding member with group discount* (for a group of 5 joining SPPA at the same time) – £280
*We are currently developing the SPPA organisational membership offer. The group discount is a payment discount wherein five people can join as individual SPPA founding members for the price of four. Each person in the group becomes an individual member of SPPA. Find out more
Please contact the SPPA Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Join our mailing list to get updates about membership and how you can get involved when you join.
Follow us on social media